Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Anno Vicesimo Secvndo Henrici Octavi. Statvta Bonvm Pvblicvm Concernentia Edita in perliamento tento apud westm[inster] xvi die Ianuarii . . . et inde vlterius prorogati vsque ad xiiii die Octobris . S.T.C. 9370.4 [five copies, one imperfect]
- Tho. Berthelet regius impressor excudebat. Cvm Privilegio, London, 1540?].
- The second Reformation Parliament, laying the groundwork for the divorce of Catherine of Aragon, enacting the landmark statute "fac[ing] the necessity of providing for the impotent poor", and challenging the independent jurisdiction of the Church
- Modern maroon unlettered cloth, rubbed, else quite a clean copy with the bookplate of Edwin Freshfield on the front pastedown; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1650.00
- poor law, Religion, divorce
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.