Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Brydall [Bridall], John
- Speculum Juris Anglicani, Or, A View of the Laws of England, As They are divided into Statutes, Common-Law and Customs: Incidentally, Of the Customs appertaining to the Famous City of London, never before Printed [etc.]. Wing B5267
- Printed by John Streater, Eliz. Flesher and H. Twyford [etc.], London, 1673.
- Only edition (of two variant printings) of Brydall's first introductory treatise on English law, to be followed by his 'Enchiridion Legum' later in the year, "clearly written; and . . . doubtless useful to the students for which they were intended"
- Contemporary sheep, somewhat stained, neatly rebacked, the top margin cut a bit close (no text affected), else quite clean; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1400.00
- English Law, Acts, London
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.