Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Trial of the Bishop of Bangor and Others, Before Mr. Justice Heath, at the Assises at Shrewsbury . . . For an Assault, Rout, and Riot: With the Pleadings at Large Of Counsellors Adam and Erskine; Also the Charge to the Jury By Mr. Justice Heath
- Sold by T. Hepinstall, Fleet Street [and two others], London, 1796.
- Erskine's "masterly acquittal" of John Warren who, as Bishop of Bangor and with several confederates, was tried for rioting, achieved despite Justice's Heath's summing up for conviction, forcefully disclosing Erskine's strategic and courtroom talents
- Modern 1/4 morocco over boards, somewhat marked and faded, very occasional staining, a few modern pencil marks, yet a good copy; with the half title
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- trials, criminal law, Religion
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.