Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Leach, William
- First A Safegard and a Stay for Sheriffs, Bayliffs, Serjeants at Mace, and such Officers. Or Their Well doings Justified, and their Evill actings Abolished . . . Thirdty [sic] And for Honest Executors and Administrators from paying [etc.]
- Printed by E. Cotes, in the Year 1652, London, 1652.
- A rare tract written by the Middle Templar whose works "together outlined a programme for the reform of the entire English legal system", here focusing on local officials, executors, administrators, and maritime law; one copy in ESTC, none in the UK
- Recent 1/4 vellum interleaved, repairs to the lower margins, the text legible, with the Fairfax of Cameron bookplate; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- legal reform, sheriffs, Wills, maritime law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.