Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- A Brief Method of the Law. Being an Exact Alphabetical Disposition of all the Heads Necessary for a Perfect Common-Place. Useful to all Students and Professors of the Law; Much wanted, and earnestly desired [etc.]. Wing B4435A. Folio
- Printed by the Assignees of Richard and Edward Atkins [etc.], London, 1680.
- Only edition of an ingenious effort to rescue the law student otherwise (in Holdsworth's words) "thrown upon his own resources" in learning the law, providing 1,622 heads under which the law (and the student's common-place book) could be organized
- Original ?self-wraps, disbound, an occasional light marginal stain, else quite crisp now preserved in a folding buckram case; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- introductory law, education
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.