Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Selden, John
- Mare Clausum seu de Dominio Maris Libri Duo [with] Boxhorn, Apologia Pro navigationibus Hollandorum [with] Tractatus Mutui Commercii & navigationis inter Henricum VII [Intercursus Magnus of 1496] [etc.]. S.T.C. 22176; Ter Meulen et Diermanse 57
- Iuxta Exemplar Will. Stanesbeii pro Richardo Meighen [false], dondon [Amsterdam?], 1636.
- An early edition of Selden's signal contribution to international law, for which he became known as the "English Grotius"; the import of this edition was proscribed by Royal proclamation, the two appended works conflicting with Selden's thesis
- Modern calf, light browning, else a very good copy; two engraved maps, two full page woodcuts and other illustrations, the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- MEDIEVAL, Acts, international law, MEDIEVAL
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.