Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Selden, John
- Mare Clausum seu de Domino Maris Libri Duo. Primo, Mare, ex Jure Naturae seu Gentium, omnium hominum non esse Commune . . . Secundo, Serenissimum Magnae Britanniae Regem Maris circumflui . . . Dominum esse, asseritur. S.T.C. 22175. Folio
- Excudebat Will. Stanesbeius, pro Richardo Meighen, London, 1635.
- First edition of the most famous of all English works on international law, written by Selden at the command of James I in response to Grotius' Mare Liberum, and earning Selden the sobriquet of "the father of international law in England"
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, rebacked, the original gilt spine laid down, a large paper copy (8 1/2 x 12 inches), with the Earl Grey bookplate
- Book No.:
- $ 4500.00
- MEDIEVAL, international law, maritime law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.