Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Malynes, Gerard
- Consuetudo, vel, Lex Mercatoria: Or, The Ancient Law-Merchant [including] I. The Jurisdiction of the Admiralty of England II. The Ancient Sea Laws of Oleron, Wisby, and the Hanse-Towns III. The Sovereignty of the British Seas [etc.]. Not in Wing. Folio
- Printed for T. Basset . . . and T. Horne, at the Bible [etc.], London, 1686.
- The rare, final edition of "the first work on the Merchant Law in England", vastly expanded to include the works of many other writers, including John Buroughs, John Collins, Guy Miege, and Richard Zouch, each with its separate or divisional title
- Modern 1/4 calf over rubbed marbled boards, an early label laid down, some browning, else well preserved, ESTC R229419; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 3500.00
- international law, maritime law, admiralty
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.