Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Trial of the Information ex Officio, The King versus John Lambert and Another [James Perry], On a Charge of Libel on His Majesty's Person Inserted in The Morning Chronicle. Edited by James Perry. Not in McCoy [compare McCoy 1C380]
- Printed by John Lambert, Strand for James Ridgway [etc.], London, 1810.
- The trial account contributing to expanding freedom of the press in early 19th century England, in part due to Lord Ellenborough's evenhanded charge to the jury (which acquitted), and despite William Garrow's efforts prosecuting as attorney general
- Modern cloth-backed marbled boards, printed paper label, a very good clean copy
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- libel and slander, trials, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.