Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Dowdeswell, William
- The Sentiments of an English Freeholder, on the Late Decision of the Middlesex Election. Not in Eller. Quarto
- Printed for J. Dodsley, in Pall-Maall, London, 1769.
- Only edition of a pro-Wilkes tract, calling the "Case Considered" (attributed on occasion to Blackstone) "very full and very learned" but irrelevant, and concluding with an express citation to Blackstone's Commentaries in support of seating Wilkes
- Modern marbled wraps, very light browning, and the half-title somewhat dusty, else a very good copy; 60 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- Parliament, law of elections
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.