Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jacob, Giles
- The New Law Dictionary . . . Carefully Abridged . . . And particularly Referring To all the Law-Reports, and Acts of Parliament . . . Whereto is added, A curious Catalogue or Register of the Year-Books and Reports, with the Times of their Publication
- Printed by Henry Lintot . . . for R. Ware [and twelve others], London, 1743.
- The uncommon (and sole) abridgment of Jacob's masterpiece, his original work far different from previous dictionaries, this abridgment undertaken by Jacob himself, with a special effort made to render it "easy, clear, and familiar"
- Contemporary polished calf, crimson morocco label, gilt, somewhat rubbed, else a very good clean copy; eight copies in ESTC, one in a law library
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- legal dictionaries, Abridgements, reports of cases, Acts, Year Books
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.