Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Swinburne, Henry
- A Briefe Treatise of Testaments and Last Willes . . . Compiled of such lawes Ecclesiasticall and Ciuill, as be not repugnant to the lawes, customes, or statutes of this Realme, nor derogatorie to the Prerogative Royall [etc.]. S.T.C. 23547; Beale T498
- Printed by John Windet, London, 1591.
- First edition of the first work on the English law of wills, and the first work by an Englishman on English canon law, praised by J.H. Baker as "a model of clarity and scientific technique" and by David Yale as "a full and accomplished treatise"
- Modern dark brown calf, gilt-lettered, occasional light browning, else quite crisp and well preserved, without the errata leaf; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 3500.00
- Wills, Ecclesiastical Law, canon law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.