Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Mandeville, Bernard
- Enquiry into the Causes of the Frequent Executions at Tyburn: and A Proposal for some Regulations concerning Felons in Prison . . . To which is Added, A Discourse on Transportation, and a Method to render that Punishment more Effectual
- Printed: And Sold by J. Roberts in Warwick-Lane, London, 1725.
- Mandeville's vivid account of the wretched state of public executions in England and its causes, anticipating Henry Fielding, Adam Smith, and Adam Ferguson, as "[m]any of the best minds of the English elite meditated upon it" and solutions to it
- Modern gray wraps, stab-sewn as issued, the half-title and last leaf quite dusty, else a very good clean copy; with the press-figure at page four
- Book No.:
- $ 1750.00
- criminal law, legal reform, Transportation, prisons
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.