Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Britton, John le]
- Britton [on the Laws of England]. The Second Edition. Faithfully corrected according to divers ancient Manuscripts of the same Booke. By Edm[und] Wingate [etc.]. S.T.C. 3804
- Printed by the assignes of John Moore Esquire [etc.], London, 1640.
- The second edition of the first substantial medieval English legal treatise to be printed, written in the late 13th century; much superior to the first edition (printed circa 1540) supplying an omitted chapter and providing emendations in an appendix
- Contemporary calf, worn, the front joint cracked but holding, the spine a bit chipped and varnished, browning, a usable copy only
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- 13TH CENTURY, MEDIEVAL, English Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.