Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Wade, John
- A Treatise on the Police and Crimes of the Metropolis; Especially Juvenile Delinquency, Female Prostitution, Mendicity, Gaming, Forgery . . Also an Account of the Courts of Justice and Prisons of London; And . . . the Causes of the Increase of Crime &c.
- Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, London, 1829.
- Only edition of a work written by one of the foremost early 19th century radicals and reformers, John Wade, grouped in importance with William Cobbett and 'Orator' Hunt, and a great admirer of Bentham, who provided funds to establish Wade's newspaper
- Modern green cloth, ex-library, one preliminary leaf loose, else a good usable copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- criminal law, Police, women's law, Gambling, Forgery, prisons
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.