Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Howard, John
- The State of the Prisons in England and Wales, With Preliminary Observations, and an Account of Some Foreign Prisons and Hospitals. The Second Edition [with] Historical Remarks and Anecdotes on the Castle of the Bastille. Baumgartner 3 and 32
- Printed by William Eyres [and] Printed for T. Cadell, Warrington [and] London, 1780.
- Howard's masterwork, displaying the enormous empirical data upon the treatment of prisoners amassed by him just as the major reforms of English criminal law began, coupled with the work on the Bastille, its publication then prohibited in France
- Modern 3/4 brown morocco over marbled boards, with the eleven plates in the first work and the plan of the Bastille in the second; a pretty copy
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- criminal law, New York, prisons, Procedure
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.