Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Gray, John
- The Country-Solicitor's Practice in the High Court of Chancery . . . the Crown Office of the Court of King's Bench . . .also the Practice on Issuing a Country Fiat in Bankruptcy . . . and the Practice as to the Acknowledgment of Deeds by Married Women [etc.]
- Edward Lumley, 56, Chancery Lane, London, 1837.
- The rare first edition of Gray's trenchant work which, with his "Country-Attorney's Practice", went through several editions, Gray of fame also as the treasury solicitor whose office prosecuted the Tichborne claimant; no copy in OCLC, two in COPAC
- Contemporary 3/4 calf over marbled boards, quite rubbed, signature excised from title (no text affected), an occasional notation, else a good clean copy
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- equity, bankruptcy, women's law, Bill of Rights, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.