- Forbes, William
- A Methodical Treatise Concerning Bills of Exchange . . . illustrated and confirm'd from Civil Law; the Authority of Lawyers and Writers . . . With incident comparative Views of the Laws and Customs of England, and other Countries [etc.]. Second Edition
- Printed by John Mosman . . . for John Russell [etc.], Edinburgh, 1718.
- The expanded edition of Forbes' first work, and the first treatise published in Scotland on the subject, antedating Forbes' appointment as the first professor of civil law at the University of Glasgow in 1714 and as its Dean in the 1730's
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, front joint just cracking (but quite firm), title dusty, a crisp usable copy; with the advertising leaves
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- Bills and Notes, Negotiable Instrum
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system by clicking here.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.