Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Goodinge, Thomas
- The Law against Bankrupts: or, a Treatise Wherein the Statutes against Bankrupts are Explained, by Several Cases, Resolutions, Judgments and Decrees, both at Common Law and in Chancery [etc.]. Wing G1099B
- Printed for Richard Southby, at the Golden-Fleece [etc.], London, 1694.
- The uncommon first edition of the first English treatise on the law of bankruptcy and, in Holdsworth's words, the first work of its kind marking "the only contribution [on commercial law] that can clearly be ascribed to [t]he common lawyers"
- Contemporary sheep, rubbed and slightly bowed, elaborately rebacked in gilt, a very good, clean copy with excellent margins
- Book No.:
- $ 4500.00
- bankruptcy, Commercial Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.