- An Act for granting and applying certain Stamp Duties, and other Duties, in the British Colonies and Plantations in America, towards further defraying the Expences of defending, protecting, and securing the same [5 Geo III c.12] [etc.]. Folio
- Printed by Mark Baskett [etc.], London, 1765.
- The first (and the official) printing of the Stamp Act, calling forth the iconic objections of the colonies, leading to a coalesced Sons of Liberty, a decade of debate, and, ultimately, the Declaration of Independence and the American Revolution
- Original ?self-wraps, disbound, the sewing loose, else a very good, untrimmed copy preserved in a modern folding case; title + 279-310 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 14500.00
- American Revolution, colonies, Acts, Parliament
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system by clicking here.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.