Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Tryal of Thomas Colley . . . For the cruel and inhuman Murder of Ruth Osborne . . . by ducking her in Marlston-Mere . . . under Supposition of her being a Witch [together with the accounts of several other trials]
- Printed for T. Brown in the Little Old Bailey [etc.], London, 1751.
- First edition of a rare trial account arising from the last instance of the death in England of an accused witch, drowned by a lynch mob led by Thomas Colley, himself then convicted of the murder and executed; three copies in ESTC, none in England
- Original ?self-wraps, disbound, the imprint and lower margin shaved, one line sometimes lost (supplied in manuscript); a delicate but usable survival
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- trials, witchcraft, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.