Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Maitland, Frederic William (intro. and notes)
- Three Rolls of the King's Court in the Reign of King Richard the First. A.D. 1194-1195. Now First Printed from the Original in the Custody of The Right Hon. The Master of the Rolls, Under the Direction of the Council of The Pipe Roll Society [etc.]
- Printed by Wyman & Sons, Lim . . . Lincoln's-Inn-Fields, London, 1891.
- The earliest plea rolls (including the earliest eyre roll), in Maitland's words, "the earliest solemn judicial records that are preserved in our national archives . . . of supreme interest to any one who has a liking for the history of our law"
- Original green cloth, gilt, somewhat rubbed, marked and strained, light browning, rear hinge just cracking, else sound and usable; one of 250 copies
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- MEDIEVAL, 12TH CENTURY
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.