Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Hale, Matthew
- History of the Common Law [etc.] [with] An Analysis of the Civil Part of the Law. The Fourth Edition
- Printed by W. Strahan and M. Woodfall . . . for T. Cadell [etc.], London, 1779.
- The best early edition of Hale's classic works, prepared by Charles Runnington who (in Holdsworth's words) "prefixed a life of Hale, and added very extensive notes"; Hale's 'Analysis', though not called for by the title page, is appended
- Modern cloth-backed marbled boards, a bit embrowned, but sound
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- criminal law, witchcraft, sheriffs, justices of peace, poor law, English Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.