Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jones, William
- The Speeches of Isaeus in Causes Concerning the Law of Succession to Property at Athens, with a Prefatory Discourse, Notes Critical and Historical, and a Commentary
- Printed by J. Nichols, For E. and C. Dilly, in the Poultry, London, 1779.
- Only edition of Jones' first treatise on law, praised by Burke and Gibbon and establishing his reputation as a legal scholar, providing the first English translation of Isaeus, "the first master of strict forensic argument"
- Modern 1/4 calf, some foxing and embrowning, a good copy; with eleven plates, one folding
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- Wills, GREECE, ancient law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.